{Recipe Files}: Lemon Orzo Shrimp

I've got a suuuuper easy recipe for you today! It's another one from Damn Delicious that I stumbled upon the other weekend and knew I had to make it. 
*Note: this is originally a one-pot/pan dish, but I used a pan and a baking dish because I wasn't sure my pan was oven-safe.
You can also totally make this dish without the shrimp and it would still taste just as good!
What You Need:

~1 lb shrimp (I used frozen, and thawed it, because we had a bag in our freezer)
~8 oz orzo pasta, uncooked
~1 Tbsp olive oil
~1 can diced tomatoes
~salt and pepper
~1.5 tsp minced garlic
~2 cups chicken broth
~1 small onion, diced
~1/2 tsp dried oregano~1 cup (or slightly more) frozen peas
~juice of 1 lemon
~1/4 C grated parmesan cheese
What You Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

2. Season your shrimp with salt and pepper. (I put mine in a colander and then tossed it around to combine). Set aside.

3.  Heat the olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet (if you don't have one, just use a regular skillet) over medium-high heat. Add in the garlic, onion and oregano and cook until the onions cook through. Stir frequently.

4. Add in the dried orzo pasta and let it cook/brown up a bit (about 2 minutes).
5. Add in chicken broth and 1/2 C of water.  Bring everything to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to medium, cooking until the pasta is cooked through (follow package directions).
6. Stir in the tomatoes, peas, lemon juice and shrimp. *If you aren't using an oven-proof skillet, transfer everything into a baking dish* Top with parmesan cheese.
7. Put in the oven and cook until shrimp are cooked through (12-14 minutes if using uncooked shrimp). I used pre-cooked shrimp so I only left mine in for about 5 minutes to get the cheese melty.
Serve it up!!

It was light, easy to pull together, and pretty quick, too.
This made 4 good sized meals for us!
Martinis & Bikinis
Don't forget to get your post ready so you can link up with Jessi and I tomorrow for What's Hap-"Pinning" Wednesday!

21 comments:

  1. I made almost this exact same thing the other day but with chicken instead of shrimp and it was SO good! Lemon orzo is the best!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! I just saved this so I could make it soon, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinning!!! This does look easy but it looks like it is absolutely full of flavor! I can't wait to try this, thank you pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinning this!!! Mark would totally love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is being made next week! we need something new and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never made orzo at home before, can you believe it?! This sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you just come be my personal chef? Please and thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had my attention at shrimp and easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds delicious! I love pairing shrimp with lemon, it gives such a fresh taste.

    xo, Carly | carly blogs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks really good! I don't think I've seen "salad shrimp" at the store before, but I love the idea. They look like the perfect size for a small pasta like orzo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious! I love dishes that have lemon/citrus flavors and I especially love orzo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks good! I don't cook often enough with shrimp and have never cooked orzo so have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUM! I'll definitely have to make this, just need to swap out the shrimp for some chicken :)

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe I have never made orzo. That has got to change based on this yummy-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This recipe looks so delicious!! I'll have to make it for my fiance because shrimp is his favorite! - Svetlana @Life With a Side of Wine

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!