Family Weekending

I'm coming off of a really nice weekend with my in-laws and some full Fall weather! And just like that, we're in the last week of October!

The highlights this weekend included:

~a gorgeous sunrise Friday morning
~Friday sushi date night with MG
~This lady walking in at the end of our dinner with a tortilla chip stuck to the back of her vest....in the Asian restaurant (where they don't serve tortilla chips)
~Attempted watching the movie about Steve Jobs. MG managed to stay awake but the Friday night tireds came over me

~Saturday morning we had casual weekend coffee (my favorite), breakfast and cleaned up around the house for my in-laws' arrival
~I baked some cinnamon swirl muffins which had the house smelling even more delicious than the candles we had burning
~Spent the early afternoon catching up before getting ready to head out to dinner

~Stopped by the mall since we were really early and looked at furniture stores. Ended up finding the softest, most comfortable sheets at West Elm. Bigger score--they were 20% off!
~Went to dinner at Founding Farmers--we had some drinks while we waited for our table, and then my MIL and I split the lobster mac and cheese, and the crab cakes. Both were SO good! #sharingiscaring
~Came home and immediately changed into sweats because....elastic waistband haha and watched the new Ghostbusters (lame) and then the start of Saturday Night Live before to bed

~Had breakfast together Sunday morning at the house, then the guys went off for a bike ride while I got in some time cuddling with the dogs....when they weren't staring out the front door
~Had my jaw on the floor when I saw the types of dresses some of the high school 16 year olds are wearing to Homecoming now. Uhh, for the record, if I have a daughter and she ever came home with a dress like the middle one (or as tight and short as the right one), I would send her ass back to the store to return it. My SIL said the dads were super uncomfortable there (rightfully so!!!). So glad my niece knows how to dress appropriately because this honestly made me sick. They are 16!!!!
~Had lunch at YardHouse before my in-laws hit the road to head back home

~ran errands for the week and had a really low key rest of the night which included finishing watching the Hamilton doc on PBS (if you haven't seen it, definitely watch it, especially if you're obsessed with the Hamilton soundtrack and Broadway show like I am)!

And with that, the weekend was over, and we're back at it with another work week!
Hoping yours was perfection! :)

24 comments:

  1. I'm still LOL'ing over the tortilla chip lady!! I always wore long dresses to homecoming and prom - so I'm with you on my future daughter not wearing something like that LOL!! Happy Monday girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, low-key weekend! I chuckled throughout this post...especially at the tortilla chip. So random!!! Ha! That lobster Mac & Cheese looks and sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously died laughing when I saw your Snap with the tortilla chip lady! SO random haha! OK, just no with those girl's dresses! Your niece looks so pretty and I would wear that dress she wore but the girl in the pink?! OMG. If that was my kid... no way. She wouldn't be leaving the house! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait... that tortilla chip looks like it has been stuck there for a long time! Worse than toilet paper on the shoe! Sheesh! Looks like another relaxing and delicious (cough cinnamon swirl muffins... cough lobster mac cough) weekend! Hope you have a great Monday! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  5. did no one tell that poor lady about the chip stuck to her back?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those muffins look ridiculously good. I can only imagine how good they smelled! And that lobster mac n cheese - so HUNGRY right now. Those dresses are wow - looks like they need to go up a size or two to get those a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That middle girl's who ha is about to fall out of her dress! Umm no! The muffins... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those dresses...no ma'am. I can't believe their parents let them out of the house like that! Modesty is a good thing when it comes to fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those muffins look great as does Saturday night dinner out!


    LOL @ the tortilla chip

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah those dresses are way short. I would be uncomfortable too. That lobster mac n cheese is right up my alley. Yum. Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm literally laughing out loud over the tortilla chip. Poor thing. lol. Also, completely agree about the dresses, and in those moments I'm so glad I don't have a daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm laughing about the girls and the dresses. I work in the dress dept at Neiman's and I'm always amazed by what some parents let their daughters pick out. It's so out of control. I once had a girl pick out a dress that was totally way too tight and completely inappropriate for her prom. Her father asked me my opinion and I gave it to them. Well, he didn't like my response (which was the truth, the dress was way too tight and inappropriate as it was very low cut (the girl was very busty for a 16 yr old) in the front and all opened in the back)and started screaming at me and then said some very mean things. What does the fat, jealous, ugly sales lady know? Funny enough, a few weeks later, the mother returned the dress!! I kid you not.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, I'm totally LOLing over that tortilla chip pic! What in the WORLD?!

    And GIRL - the girls in the dresses... so inappropriate!! That girl in the middle better be wearing some serious granny panties or everyone is going to see EVERYTHING she's got going on under there! And so funny that you posted this, because earlier this morning my old supervisor send me an email with some pics of her granddaughters from homecoming this past weekend and one of them is wearing the SHORTEST dress I've ever seen! I don't even know why the teachers would let them wear that!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sunrise is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG..the tortilla chip!! That is crazy!! And yes..I've been slightly shocked many times at what parents will allow their teens to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ummmmmm I don't want to hate but that V cut dress up into the Netherlands.......what is going on there? I just about died laughing with the chip snap and I'm so glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are definitely notttt the type of dresses we wore to Homecoming! Omg. And that lobster mac and cheese looks like heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely sunset. That sushi looks so good. My parents never would have let me out of the house in those dresses! Sometimes they are learning it from their moms.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cinnamon swirl muffins - those sound delicious - love anything cinnamon! So nice that you guys all had such a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely weekend! My sushi craving just kicked in again. lol The tortilla chip stuck to he back of her outfit is quite disturbing...it makes you wonder how people keep their homes unless it was a nasty prank played on her, then I feel sorry for the poor lady.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WHAT is with these girls and wearing the tightest, most awkward dresses ever?! It absolutely baffles me that parents won't tell them no and then enforce it.

    Also, those cinnamon muffins look amazzinnngg. Just thinking about them has me gaining 100 lbs, lol! <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. I died at that snap of the tortilla chip... a new accessory for sure hahaha. That lobster mac and cheese omg yes give me allllll the cheese! and sushi! and food in general let's be honest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my at those dresses, your niece totally looks better than them in an age appropriate dress! Oh man now you have me craving sushi! Also give me all the cinnamon muffins, delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my gosh, that poor lady with the tortilla chip!
    and yeah.. those dresses.. those girls are 16? there is no way my mum would let me out of the house like that.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!