Thursday Stuff

It's Thursday, which means the weekend is peaking its head out! I've been a day ahead all week, so today feels like Friday to me already. Womp womp!
While I get myself adjusted to what day it is, I thought I'd share my randoms with you!

~I don't understand why some people can't respond to an RSVP. It's not that difficult in the digital age to send an email or a text and say "Yes I can come" or "No I can't come". Two people didn't RSVP at all to my baby shower and one person RSVP'd at 5pm the night before my 11am shower. We didn't make the effort to track them down and ask--if you don't have the time to RSVP, then I don't have the time to ask you again.
{via}
~Ever since MG and I got the dresser for baby G's room, and we hung up some of the art for the room, I can't stop going in there. I organize something here or there, or just sit in the glider and look around. It is quickly becoming my favorite room in the house!

~I love when people try and give you advice about something that they know nothing about. I get trying to be helpful, but if you don't know what you're talking about, just empathize and keep it moving.

~My school is undergoing renovations (while we're here) and part of the new wing of our building is going to be ready, in theory, by the start of next school year. And guess whose office is part of the new wing? This girl's! I also found out that I'll be keeping an office with a window (something that now that I have, I dont want to give up). I've also made friends with the manager of all of the construction and he said he'd hook up my room. Hellllllzzz yes!

~My good friend Kelly (who is now done with chemo and radiation and is coming back to work today!!! Woohoo!) was super sweet and planned a birthday dinner for me and our other friend (who is the one whose gonna be watching our little girl next year). There are 6 or 7 other girlfriends coming from work and I'm really looking forward to it. One of the things I love most about where I work are the amazing friendships I've taken from it. 

~I took my 33 week bump photo (been trying to be better about doing these every week now since you never know when baby is going to come). I'd say it definitely looks like I swallowed a pineapple lol
I also love that when I send these to my MIL she always asks how we get the sticker on the wall behind me lol

~MG and I watched one of the Dave Chapelle stand-up episodes that are on Netflix (he has 2) and it was really funny! Definitely worth watching if you like Chapelle and have some free time!
{via} Click on the link to watch the trailer for the specials
~I have a list written out of all of the things I need for my hospital bag (or, all the things I THINK I need) and am planning to put it together this weekend. It's a little overwhelming, though.  #TypeAmuch? #holyshitthisishappening

~I got my TDAP shot yesterday (which was covered by insurance) and it didn't hurt that bad, but this morning it feels like someone punched me in the arm. A small price to pay to vaccinate me and baby against RSV/whooping cough, and one more thing off of my to-do list! #checkcheckcheck

One more day until the weekend! Hoping your week's been going smoothly!

16 comments:

  1. Hahaha sticker on the wall...too funny! And yes to people who don't RSVP! I try to follow etiquette to a T and cannot stand when people don't have the decency to RSVP.
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet your friend is planning a birthday party for you and another coworker! That's really sweet. I totally agree about RSVPs - it's too easy nowadays, just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a day ahead this week too, ughh, I like it much better when it's the other way around! Yayyy to an awesome new office! I cannot understand the RSVP thing - it's so rude and annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole RSVP thing drives me crazy, too. I've started putting "Regrets Only to: [Phone Number]." That way, when I later see them, I just say, "Oh! It said 'Regrets Only,' so we just assumed we'd see you there!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your MIL asking about the sticker on the wall made me laugh haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl AMEN to the RSVP thing. My absolute biggest pet peeve!!!!! You look so great, baby girl is definitely making her appearance now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, I'm currently in a state of super anger over why people can't RSVP to the baby shower that I'm throwing for my friend! The invitations went out a week ago...and 1 person (my mother) has RSVPed. ONE!!!! I really don't want to have to contact each of these people (most of whom I don't know), but it might really make the difference over how many people we'll have to buy food for and GRRRRR!!! Thank you--sorry about the rant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sticker on the wall! Haha! I also totally don't get how people can't RSVP. Especially since it is so, so easy to at least send a text message or quick email if you are busy. It frustrates me too, girl! I used to just sit in my daughter's nursery, too, before she was born. Its so fun when it starts to come together.


    Elizabeth | The Lovely Latte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea for a new office with a view! It pays to be nice to the construction/tech/support staff! I always get hooked up! :) And yea... I TOTALLY forgot about the aftermath of the TDAP shot. It did hurt the next day; at least it wasn't bad going in (that's what she said?!) ;) Happy Friday eve, doll! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so so close! Don't worry, you will pack everything you need (and more!). So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you think it's bad now, once you have a baby, everyone is an expert. The checkout lady, your neighbor everyone has an opinion. It's become a joke around here. Oh I was a freak about my hospital bag and I used nothing. I did forget the most important thing, the Boppy! I highly recommend bring it if you are going to BF because they teach you there and it's nice to have so you can learn, see advice from a stranger! ;o)

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  12. your bump is SO cute! and rsvps drive me nuts-- im still waiting on a few to come in for my daughters birthday party. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will never understand why it's so hard for people to RSVP for things. For FB events, it's a simple click on an app you're on all the time, and for weddings how hard is it to check a box and send it back in a pre-addressed and pre-stamped envelope. Ahhh grinds my gears lol :-P
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woo hoo for a brand new office, and with a window! That'll be awesome. That's so funny about your MIL thinking it's a sticker!

    ReplyDelete
  15. People who don't respond to RSVPs drive me absolutely insane. It's incredibly rude!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, that's so sweet of your friend to plan a birthday dinner. I'm glad that chemo is over for her now too!

    Yeah, people not RSVP-ing or keeping it as Maybe online really drives me nuts! It's not that hard, and it's rude!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!