{WHW}: Currently

Currently, I'm....

Reading ...
Still reading Reflection by Diane Chamberlain but I'm making steady progress in it lately!
Check out my post yesterday about the other books that I read before I got into my reading rut.
{via}
Watching ...
nothing really new lately. Standard Bravo shows...I can't really think of anything new that we've watched lately (which probably means that I've been reading more haha)

Eating....
On the menu this week:
Monday: Cheesy Chicken And Broccoli casserole
Tuesday: Sun-Dried Tomato and Feta meatloaf
Wednesday: Bean and Mushroom Enchiladas
Thursday: Creamy Tortellini soup
Friday: Ravioli

Looking forward to ... 
our trip to Minnesota this weekend. Just hoping Ella recovers from her cold in time for her first plane ride, otherwise we will either have a really painful plane ride (popping congested ears is no fun) or we will have to cancel altogether.

Drinking...
water, coffee, and the Coldbuster last Friday...wishing I had more of them this week

Loving....
morning smiles from my Ella bear...even on mornings where her nose is stuffed up beyond belief (in which case, I LOVE the Nose Frieda...mamas know what I'm talking about)
Debating....
Getting an Instant Pot. I keep hearing amazing things about it, and it sounds right up my alley, but I'm always hesitant to get another kitchen appliance that will end up collecting dust, like what happened with The Ninja that we got for a wedding present. It did things, but nothing as well as my crock pot...and it was a huge thing to use as a "stove"...so I just found we never used it.
Anyone have experience with it and recommend it? My mom had mentioned getting it for us for Christmas if we wanted one.
{via}
#toinstantpotornot #thatisthequestion

Dreading....
getting through the airport for the first time with Ella. I feel so overwhelmed by the prospect of it all. Hoping my fears are worse than reality on this one.
Also, for mamas who have traveled before, does your breast pump count as a carry on? There's no way I'm checking that and risking it getting lost!

Excited....
That MG's best friend and his wife just had their baby girl yesterday! His wife and I have been texting periodically over the past week, and even through her labor at the hospital. Yesterday was spent checking my phone obsessively for the first pics of the gorgeous babe!

Needing ...
my professional opinion to actually mean something instead of feeling like I'm always being questioned, especially in specific situations where I've logically and rationally explained WHY my opinion is what it is MULTIPLE times (and have been backed up by other professionals in my field). I did get a Master's Degree in my field....I just wish that and my 11 years of experience counted for something with certain people

Wearing ...
warm weather everything since temps dipped below freezing last weekend. They've steadied off into the 50's this week thankfully.
I have my Loft order that I talked about last Friday arriving today after work sometime--just in time for Minnesota!

Grateful For...
cough medicine and tissues

Now it's your turn to link up and share what's hap-"pinning" with you!




18 comments:

  1. That LOFT sweater looks so cozy, and I need to try the Coldbuster from Starbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about an instant pot, too! It seems like there are so many recipes out there for them that sound so good. And, honestly, I have only heard good things about them from those that actually own one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you get the Instapot you'll have to let me know what you think. I've been curious about it! And hope Ella feels better soon and you guys have a great trip! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meals this week sound SO good! I always get sucked in by kitchen gadgets - the instapot looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your meal lineup sounds divine! We are so boring when it comes to dinner time these days! Hopefully you feel better soon! So excited for your trip!!!!!! Did you get Ella a little snow/marshmallow suit?! XO, R

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"m jealous of y'alls dinner - I have not cooked in probably 3 months with everything going on. SO sad! Sending Ella wellness vibes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have an amazing trip! Morning smiles are the best, and speaking of Bravo shows I'm sad that both RHOC and RHOD are done for the season #firstworldwhitegirlproblems :-P
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. Traveling with babies is totally doable! Lots of toys, something to suck on while taking off/landing, and if all else fails, a phone or ipad to entertain.

    I travel occasionally for work and traveling while breastfeeding just takes patience but is not much more of a hassle than normal. Breast pumps are considered a medical device and do not count toward your carry-on allotment. If you plan to bring any milk back with you, you'll want to be prepared. Pack a cooler, gallon ziplock bags and just let TSA know that you have breast milk with you. I brought back almost 100 oz. of bagged breast milk in a Feti (fake Yeti) soft cooler. I chose not to have the milk x-rayed, so I was patted down and the milk bags were all tested (minor inconvenience in my opinion, but still takes time). Once through security, I went to one of the restaurants and they filled my ziplock bags with ice which kept the milk cold on my trip back from CA to MN (about 8-9 hours worth of traveling).

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the second person to mention the insta pot today - I think I need to look into getting one! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am on the fence about the insta pot for the same reason. City living makes you think about what appliances you want to store! Have a great trip, I have traveled with my nieces at various ages and it will be fine I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep almost getting the insta pot then realizing I am just not going to use it and it will wind up under the bar in my basement with the rest of the rarely used kitchen appliances.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope all goes well with your travels and getting through the airport. The outfits you've been wearing look so cute and comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let me know if you decide to get an Instantpot - I've been looking into it, too. Good luck at the airport - most people really understand when mamas are traveling with babies - hopefully it'll be a great experience!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  14. if someone wanted to get me an insta pot, i would be like YES PLEASE. will i buy it myself? probably not. i like that it cooks things quickly - like the other day i needed shredded chicken quickly and i hadn't planned ahead, couldn't babysit it, so i had to go out and buy some. apparently it cooks quick in the insta pot thing. other than that, i can't see really using it but i haven't looked into it that much because i don't want to want it and then have to pay so much for it haha. those enchiladas sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got an insta pot for my birthday last week and it is the most amazing thing. My husband and I have cooked at least 5 meals in it so far. I like that it can cook chicken from frozen (in about 10 minutes) and it pulls together a meal super quickly. We still plan on keeping our crockpot (it's a little bigger) and the insta pot can only slow cook for 4 or less hours. But I would highly recommend it to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel you on the sickness. I have been fighting a cold as well. I hope Ella is better before your flight. Bring a paci if she takes one for the take off and landing. Or a bottle. It helps with her ears. I just bought an instant pot and I can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wait, you're a professional? haha Sometimes I think that after my 8 years of full-time experience, I would be trusted too, but no. Just when I think I'm good for awhile, I get yelled at by someone for something. I feel your pain.

    I would love to browse LOFT for a bit for some wintery clothes. Also, I haven't felt the need for an Instant Pot but maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope she starts feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!