{WHW}: M.I.A. edition

Wow, I didn't anticipate being away for as long as I have, but illness took over last week and I ended up home several days of the week with Ella because she was refusing bottles...so being the only other source of nutrients, mama stayed home.
What else has been hap-"pinning" over here?

In addition to Ella's virus (the fever came back last week and ended up going away Thursday late at night), MG and I both came down with colds, too. So this weekend was spent getting us all on the mend.

Thankfully on Sunday we were all feeling eons better than we were on Saturday, including little miss, and we found a place with a free Santa and no line (doth such thing exist? It does!), so Ella got to meet Santa for the first time and she did SO well, just as I thought she would (but was totally prepared that she may freak out).
Her outfit was courtesy of my SIL and was the perfect one to meet Santa in
I may be biased, but gosh I think she's adorable :)
We got a little family photo action with Santa, too.
my whole heart in one photo
Monday started my first day of 2 straight weeks at home with my girl, this week being completely me and Ella since MG still has to work and it's been so fun! The days go by so quickly, but it's been nice to spend the extra time with my girl.
She also apparently decided to save up starting to attempt to crawl for when we were together, which started Monday night. We haven't gotten a full crawl yet, but we've got butt in the air action, and some forward scooches. Occasionally she ends up going backwards, so we're still working on it haha
Ella and I had a little mommy daughter lunch date with my friend Mary Katherine and her daughter yesterday. It was so fun and strange to see them both in high chairs at the table next to us. It was also a LOT more work than it's ever been before. Ella had a sample of chicken, mashed potatoes, ravioli, and peanut butter baby puffs. She probably was like "this is the best day ever" because we've been doing a lot more purees than solid foods since she has been choking/gagging a lot with her cold and it's terrified me to feed her at home when I'm by myself in case something happens (this weekend she gagged on something and ended up throwing up. This did NOTHING to help quell my fears).

It was also 60 degrees yesterday, so we took a walk together and it was so nice not having to worry about it being too cold for us to get out of the house.
She's all "mom, that's not a good angle to take our photo" haha
Tomorrow I've got happy hour plans made, and Friday MG gets out of work early, my mom's coming, and I've got a massage booked! The week is already shaping up pretty nicely.

Today, though, Ella gets round 2 of her flu shot and I'm not looking forward to the impending fever that will likely accompany it like the first dose. I've had about enough of fevers for a while thank you!

So, that's basically what I've been up to in my absence. I'll be honest, I may not be around much, or at all, over the next 2 weeks because I'm really going to be soaking up this time with my girl. It's few and far between and I've just loved this extra time together--kind of a special early Christmas gift to me (even though it's work, but I'm reminded more of just how much I miss my baby during the days).
So, please don't stop coming by, I just want to maximize my time with this little girl who is quickly becoming less and less little with each passing day.

Hoping your holiday prep is coming together smoothly and no stressing!!

Now it's your turn to link up with Jessi and I and share what's hap-"pinning" with you!


SaveSaveSaveSave

10 comments:

  1. So sorry you all were sick!! Ella looked SO adorable meeting Santa! Don't worry, you'll get the freak out pic next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw all that illness is just awful. but you wouldn't even know with all these cute photos of your baby girl. she was a trooper with santa! just love that outfit too. and you're right - she's the cutest thing ever :) enjoy these two weeks girlfriend! soak up every minute!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness gracious, girl! I hope you're all on the mend now! Look on the bright side... at least you got all of the sickies out before Christmas!! hopefully you'll all be well for the big day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're starting to feel better! Ella looks so precious in her outfit! Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO glad to hear she's finally feeling better! Just in time for Christmas <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about all the sickies, but it looks like everything is on the up and up now! Happy Hour and a massage sound amazing! She is too cute, I love that she didn't cry for santa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry for all the ickies going around your house! Hang in there, the first year of a baby being in daycare is the worst!!! We were all super sick for months, but then her and your immunity will be awesome! It gets better, I promise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet Santa pictures!! Glad you are all on the mend. Being a sick mom is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear you all feeling better! I;m sure it's not easy being sick with a newborn but Ella's smiles are so adorable and she looks so happy with Santa! I know it can go two ways with babies/kids with Santa but she took the happy path. Praise the Lord. Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you got out on a mommy daughter date! I can't believe we're in highchair land!!!! Did she pick the food up or did you hand it to her? It gets so messy letting them pick stuff up!!! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!